Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Do you write letters or has the technology taken over?

My family doesn't live in US therefore we communicate through letters and phone calls. I don't like to email my brothers. We write to each other religiously.:)

I have many friends who live in different states but I still write letters even with the raising cost of stamps. Gotta keep our U.S. Postal Service in business.:D

Emails are too cold and impersonal.



Anyway, what do you usually do? E-mail or write letters to friends/family?Do you write letters or has the technology taken over?
It depends. I usually write letters to family. With friends I'll mail cards and send e-mails so I guess you can say I do both. If I write someone a letter and they answer with an e-mail, then I'll e-mail them from then on because to me that means that that is what they prefer. If I write an e-mail and they answer with a letter, then I'll write letters from then on. I like e-mail because the response time is a lot faster and I don't have to worry about letters getting lost in the mail, but I do see how it seems impersonal.
I have never been very good at talking on the phone. As a kid, I was baffled whenever a friend called my house and just wanted to "talk." I was always stuck and couldn't think of anything to idly chat about. So I started writing letters to my grandmother. She lived just a few miles away, but we rarely saw each other. I wrote to keep her abreast of my life and over the years, we've become very close because of it! We write constantly, and I keep all of her cards and stamps. (To avoid overpaying for stamps, I just bought a ton of those Forever stamps that never expire!) Now I write to other family and friends all over the country and even send cards to friends outside of the States.



Cards and letters hold so much more personality and style than an impromptu call. You put thought into written words, whereas talking often turns into diahrrea of the mouth...excuse the graphics.Do you write letters or has the technology taken over?
if im checking in on someone or just want to say hi or ask a question i email, but thank you notes, get well cards stuff like that i try to make personal with pictures or scrap book stuff. anyone can email it takes alot more to actually put time into somthing personal like that.
Technology has taken over my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hardly ever write letters, the only time i do is to my grandpa. i TXT my friends and facebook my family and e-mail :)Do you write letters or has the technology taken over?
I communicate with friends and family by email. Letters by snail mail too slow, Only write formal letters such as applications or complaints.
I write the oddd letter, but mostly email, or phone.
  • textbook
  • english to hebrew translation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment