Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Acer customer service?

Hello,



I have an Acer aspire 5741 which i purchased in September 2010. It developed a problem that its power, battery LED would start to blink and would stop charging. I contacted Acer and sent it to them and yesterday I got a message on status of repair saying "Awaiting customer approval" I called them and they said it there is a problem with the D/c jack connecting the motherboard and it is bent and the motherboard needs to be changed. I am so pissed off now as they sent me a bill of 拢197 to get it repaired.



I have no clue what they are doing. I have kept the laptop in best possible shape, never dropped it , no scratch on it. I argued with them as it is an internal fault it should come under warranty but they are not agreeing to it. I would request fellow members to give me solutions on what I should do, I am a student and all my work has been stuck because of it. Seriously Acer sucks big time. Won't recomment to anyone. Pathetic company pathetic service !!!



Please give me solutions about the best course of action. Should I contact their head office, if so can anybody give relevant email or postal address of a top level personnel withing Acer.Acer customer service?
If the power jack which is connected to the motherboard is bent, it is because for example the power cord was pulled in a certain angle, thus bending the power jack. If this was a production error, the issue would have been there from day one, which it was not. Unfortunately for you I am afraid that Acer is right in this case. Sorry.



I do agree though that the support of Acer is lousy. We had various business laptops in for repairs several times because every time that Acer sent them back they had broken something else themselves. Acer focusses more on home users than on businesses. We will never purchase another Acer laptop for our company.

No comments:

Post a Comment