Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the policy of the US Postal Service concerning shipping perfume to Japan?

I recently tried to ship perfume to Japan via USPS only to have it returned to me with a note saying that they will not deliver because it is a prohibited item. I called the local office to confirm. I advised them what their website indicated and forwarded a copy of their website policy information for Japan. They advised that they still would not ship it for me. They advised to file a complaint. I went to their website and input my shipping information and double checked their prohibited and restricted items list. Neither listed perfume. This seems to be a contradition. I've emailed support to inquire but that could take days, maybe weeks.What is the policy of the US Postal Service concerning shipping perfume to Japan?
Actually, perfume is on the "forbidden" list - and it's not just with the USPS - but with any shipping company in the US.



The reason is that perfume has a high enough alcohol content to be categorized as a flammable/explosive liquid. As a lot of mail goes by air transport, it is prohibited to go on planes. Sorry, but see the below link to see that, yes, unfortunately perfume is on the "verbotten" list.What is the policy of the US Postal Service concerning shipping perfume to Japan?
www.usps.com they have a whole list of things. I tried shipping cologen one time and was not allowed to shipit. Had to rebox it and tell themit was something else in the box..

No comments:

Post a Comment