Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Are there laws protecting against someone using the postal service to harrass?

I bought something on Ebay and the seller wanted payment right away, I had trouble with my paypal, but I made payment after 6 days. I looked into ebay policy and the seller is supposed to allow up to 7 days for a buyer to pay. Anyway, I said sorry and stuff but I DID pay and I bought a pair of jeans size 12.



Later I got the package in the mail and it came not long after and when I opened it, not only did she send me jeans for a toddler, NOT what I ordered, but they were COVERED in urine! They also had what I could assume was dog hair all over them. Well I threw them out, told the lady she was a nasty person and now I'm battling with paypal to get my money back.



Is there more I can do? I mean if something so simple could set her off like that, who knows what she could do if someone truly crossed her?? Are there laws against using mail service to send something so nasty? Should I report it??



Please only answer if you KNOW what I should do, and who I need to contact.



Please keep in mind that I do not have any proof except for emails of her mad that I took so long to pay and emails of me responding telling her how disgusting she is.



I no longer have the package she sent me, this was a few weeks ago. She send usps parcel post with no tracking so I have no way of showing it even arrived, all I have is an online paper trail of our communication, my negative feedback for her on ebay and my filing a claim with paypal to get my money back.



If you have any suggestions please do so. Oh and I'm in California, she is in Michigan if that matters at all. Thanks!!Are there laws protecting against someone using the postal service to harrass?
Yes there are laws, but you have to be able to substantiate your allegation againt this person. If you send any package thru the USPS then it becomes a federal matter as well if that package contains hazardous materials such as human (ar animal) biological waste products.



However, in order for you to pursue such an initiative against this person involving legal action for what you state was done, you have to be able to prove it... and - you can't because you "threw away" the items directly involved in supporting your allegation as a complaintant. Even a first year defense attorney on acedemic probation would rip your case to shreds.



Follow through with your complaint against her via Ebay %26amp; Paypal, but even they may ask for some sort of viable source of proof.. and you do not even have the box... You have to ask yourself, is whatever amount I paid for this worth the amount of time that I am letting this bad situation consume my thoughts? I would just move on and consider it a lesson learned.Are there laws protecting against someone using the postal service to harrass?
contact paypal and they will open a complaint with the buyer and if she doen't refund after a short time they will refund your money..
  • restaurants in chicago
  • halloween horror nights
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment