Saturday, February 25, 2012

Do you think email has had a bad impact on the US Postal Service???

I wonder if the reason (beside greed) has cost our postage to go so high we can hardly afford to purchase a card and mail it. It seems more people are banking online, paying bills by phone or online, so it that hurting their business?



On the other hand, I am disabled and do most of my shopping by catalogue, and internet. Even though I try to conserve and look for the companies who offer "Free Shipping",it is still very costly to have to return something. But, maybe not since the

gasoline is so high?



I still believe the mail must really be dropping off (no pun intented) since most of my friends and I have just about quit sending cards and letters or any other mail we do not have to.



What do you think?Do you think email has had a bad impact on the US Postal Service???
No, email hasn't had a bad impact on the USPS. They're so busy they cannot keep up with the demand. They're working with FedEx for some of their shipping of parcels.

Long gone are the days of 10cent postage for a 1 ounce letter. In fact you can buy postage on the USPS website and they'll deliver it to you.

Being on a limited budget doesn't help, but purchasing things online and paying for shipping is still cheaper than gasoline. I just bought a sewing machine serger at Amazon.com with almost free next-day shipping and saved HOURS of time and money in gas by not traipsing all over town to buy one. I did all my research online and purchased the best one.



I'd rather email my friends and family than write. It's more immediate, and I can print it out if I want a hard copy. There will always be a place for written letters and thank you notes (weddings, graduations, birthday gifts, etc), but every day correspondence is better by email.



Times change. The USPS changes along with the rest of us, and the Internet is a major catalyst in our society.Do you think email has had a bad impact on the US Postal Service???
I am sure it has somewhat of an impact.. but take a look at tax filing. I would say tax filing has a bigger impact because everyone is efiling nowdays. Same with online banking and direct debit options.

As far as emailing your friends.. I think it isn't as big of an impact because a lot of people still mail cards for the holidays or birthdays.. it's more etiquette like than sending a cheesy e-card. I think people communicate more because of email. My personal opinion. Best Wishes!Do you think email has had a bad impact on the US Postal Service???
I think all the ebay items sold and shipped through the u.s.p.s makes up for the other losses
Actually First Class mail volume is down, so email has had some effect, but Presorted Standard (bulk rate ) volume is up. About 70% of the revenue comes from business mail. I do have to disagree with you about the price. $.41 is still a good deal to pay someone to deliver a piece of mail across country. Look at gasoline, it can go up almost $.41 in one day, certainly within one week. A rise of 1 penny in the gas price costs the USPS something like 2 million dollars a day. The USPS sorts and delivers over a half a billion pieces every day. $.41 is still a good deal any way you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment